Osteoporosis is a condition that affects countless individuals. A disease that targets the skeletal system, this illness causes a loss of bone density through the deterioration of tissue. As a result of this decrease in bone mass, many individuals suffer from an increased risk of fractures, particularly within their hips, wrists, and spines. As such, this is a dangerous condition that has the potential to cause a great deal of pain.
Medical researchers have been looking for treatments for osteoporosis for decades. There are currently some prescriptions available to the general public that can encourage the improvement of bone density; however, for the health-conscious individuals who do not want to simply take a pill for all of their ailments, there is an alternative.
Whole body vibration has been shown to assist individuals in building their bone mass. In fact, this form of therapy was first developed to help Russian cosmonauts maintain their bone density while in space. The exact way in which whole body vibration achieves this goal is, as of yet, unknown; however, there are several hypotheses that have been asserted in an effort to explain the success of this form of treatment. Some of these hypotheses include:
- Vibrations are amplified throughout the tissue of the bone, thereby activating mechanosensors.
- Bone-building activity, also called anabolic activity, is increased, resulting in a higher degree of bone density.
- The effects of whole body vibration mirror those of weight-bearing exercise, indicating that this form of therapy increases bone mass in the same way that traditional exercise routines do.
- Whole body vibrations create the same physical side effects as short-term resistance activities.
- Circulation to the muscles and bones is enhanced, allowing bones to benefit from a surge in the nutrients needed to improve bone density.
While the benefits of whole body vibration in terms of its treatment of osteoporosis have yet to be confirmed, the use of whole body vibration has been recommended by several noteworthy organizations and individuals. Most notably, the International Society of Musculoskeletal and Neuronal Interactions has encouraged individuals to seek vibration therapy when looking to increase bone density or decrease their risk of fracture.
It’s important to remember that the effectiveness of the whole body vibration you experience depends upon the quality of the machine that you use. The Noblerex K1 is one of the most popular whole body vibration machines—and for good reason! This particular vibration exercise machine offers a long list of features and can be incorporated into nearly any workout. With a unique Triangular Oscillating System, remote control, easy to use operation panel, and hand straps for adding upper body workouts, this machine is a wonderful option for individuals of all ages.
If you are considering vibration therapy to assist in rebuilding bone density, don’t hesitate to learn more about the Noblerex K1. Call 1-800-K1-VIBRATION (518-4272) to learn more!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Trackback from your site.